Swirly Galaxy Ring DIY
Hello! I can’t believe how long it has been since I posted a proper DIY. I am so ashamed for letting it go this long. Thanks to everyone for sticking with me.
So, I was thinking about how much I use clear nail polish when I make jewelry, which got me to thinking about what I could do with the rest of my nail polish. After trying a few different things that turned out terribly, I came up with this swirly ring that kinda looks like a galaxy according to my hubster.
Supplies —> A base to hold the nail polish which can really be anything. I used an old earring that I took the jewel out of, but you can use a bottle cap or a metal base from a craft store, or really anything that will hold polish. Then you’ll need nail polish, a ring, bead glue (not shown) and a q-tip with the cotton ends pulled off or a tooth pick.
Step 1 —> Pour in your darkest color, but make sure not to fill the whole base because you’ll need space to add your other colors.
Step 2 —> Add your other colors one at a time. Pour a little in the center or on the side, then swirl it around with the q-tip/tooth pick which ever way suits your fancy. You could zigzag or make small swirls or make a yin yang style. Whatever you feel like. This project has so much room for your own personal style.
Step 3 —> Make sure to give this project a long time to dry, I mean a loooooong time. Then glue your ring to the back of the base and you are ready to go.
I really had fun with this project, picking the colors and designing the swirls. It is such a personalized ring and very eye catching. I can’t wait to make more of them, then probably move onto earrings and necklaces.
I hope everyone is enjoying their week, and I hope you guys give this DIY a try and let me know how it goes for you.
229 Notes/ Hide
- dessiedoc likes this
- dessiedoc reblogged this from fabricstripsrubylips
- toastylex likes this
- juongie likes this
- sha-creation likes this
- eyes-wid3-shut likes this
- lostandmisticmermaid likes this
- josiewhales likes this
- delivermepeace likes this
- jessicapaige- likes this
- sweetestlittlesinner likes this
- this-house-is-falling-apart likes this
- foreveralexis21 likes this
- bebop2thebeat likes this
- ocean-kitty likes this
- amaresempra reblogged this from fabricstripsrubylips
- swimminglove123 likes this
- amethystezme likes this
- melindatron likes this
- jordanbrookeblah likes this
- kyirraaaa reblogged this from fabricstripsrubylips
- rdbaobao likes this
- hellotheresamantha reblogged this from fabricstripsrubylips
- gumbsv reblogged this from fabricstripsrubylips
- slorelax likes this
- wyntervee likes this
- girlwithnoeyes reblogged this from slackentiesandeyes
- slackentiesandeyes reblogged this from fabricstripsrubylips
- eyesarelikethejungle likes this
- hannahlizette likes this
- allthingscrazy reblogged this from fabricstripsrubylips
- endlessweekends likes this
- jazminvela93 likes this
- sailor-gallifrey reblogged this from fabricstripsrubylips
- captainbismark likes this
- whishkey likes this
- veganlions likes this
- apriltech likes this
- eejay4 likes this
- therealdiehl likes this
- kimyw27 likes this
- polaburr reblogged this from fabricstripsrubylips and added:
- inlifecolor reblogged this from fabricstripsrubylips
- simplyskyee likes this
- poeticlegacy likes this
- parepochism likes this
- lastwintersromance likes this
- mynameistrouble likes this
- entergayangel likes this
- makeit-dontbreakit reblogged this from fabricstripsrubylips