Scarf Bag DIY
Hello Babes! I made a little scarf bag tonight, but I will warn you that it requires sewing and I am not very good at explaining sewing techniques. I hope to improve my sewing terminology soon. But until then just bear with me, please?
I have been seeing these Furoshiki scarf bags, which I really love and I think are a great idea. However, I wanted to make something a little more permanent. So when I take my fabulous scarf bag out for drinks, I won’t accidentally undo it and spill it’s contents all over the bar floor. So, I sewed my own scarf bag.
Supplies —> A scarf, needle, matching thread and two large hoops (i.e. old bangles, or hoops from old hobo bags).
Step 1 —> You’ll need about 24 inches of scarf, so cut your scarf to the appropriate length. At the end of the scarf tack the two corners together with a little thread, then do it again at the other end.
Step 2 —> Take one of your large hoops and wrap one end of the scarf around the hoop. Sew the scarf end to itself. Then repeat on the other end.
Is this making sense? I’m sorry, I think I’ll stay away from sewing projects in the future.
Step 3 —> Turn the scarf inside out, and hold the hoops together so the scarf is folded in half. Now we need to attach the open sides. So, start sewing up each side at the end where the scarf is folded. Sew about 2 inches up on each side. Then take the sewed part and fold it up towards the rings, and sew it in place about 2 inches down from the rings. Then flip the scarf right side out.
Then if you can follow my crazy directions you’ll be done and have a fancy little scarf bag.
I promise I will work on making my sewing projects easier to understand, maybe I will switch to a video format for these sewing projects, what do you think?
I hope everyone is enjoying hump-day!
128 Notes/ Hide
- ermahgerr likes this
- locodominicana likes this
- needkpop-shinhwa likes this
- pixie-fire likes this
- pixie-fire reblogged this from fabricstripsrubylips
- divinsovvenir likes this
- aciafillingim18 reblogged this from fabricstripsrubylips
- aciafillingim18 likes this
- soleofmine likes this
- nightwingnessa31 likes this
- theonethatlived likes this
- lovelylittleraver reblogged this from fabricstripsrubylips
- moriahwisdom likes this
- natsinspirations reblogged this from fabricstripsrubylips
- palpina likes this
- titot likes this
- jazminvela93 likes this
- insomniacdragon likes this
- sleepingwithdonuthuffers likes this
- fairiemama likes this
- kotapants likes this
- sweetoro reblogged this from fabricstripsrubylips
- wild-0rchid likes this
- cococoudre likes this
- brothersewing reblogged this from fabricstripsrubylips
- brothersewing likes this
- thamthamgo likes this
- dreamerontherooftop likes this
- kimyw27 reblogged this from lonelycactusflower
- a-l-e likes this
- gallifreylaika likes this
- nepetakittycat reblogged this from fabricstripsrubylips
- nepetakittycat likes this
- jayyyy143 likes this
- jumpingamuck likes this
- whisperscream likes this
- beautifulstrangeness likes this
- lesliepost likes this
- kasuzmella reblogged this from fabricstripsrubylips
- keepyourtittiescontained likes this
- annacarmina likes this
- jeantan128 reblogged this from fabricstripsrubylips
- acertainnewlook likes this
- favoritediyideas reblogged this from fabricstripsrubylips
- my-never-ending-serendipities likes this
- pandazzling likes this
- holdfast-staygold likes this
- femaletutor likes this
- lovelytongue likes this
- ahm158 likes this