A Late Happy New Years!
Vacation is over and we are home safe and sound (although without our luggage, but that is a story for tomorrow). The holidays were lovely and it was so wonderful to see the faces of all the people I love and miss so much.
Now onto my serious business; New Year’s Resolutions. I have always scoffed at resolutions, you know, they have kind of turned into a joke. No one takes them seriously and most people I know just make fun of them. But I got to thinking about resolutions, and they are really wonderful. Why wouldn’t you want to commit to bettering yourself? Why become stagnate? Improving and trying new things is one of the most wonderful parts of life. So I made a bushel of resolutions.
1. Learn more. Pick subjects I don’t know much about and study them (maybe poetry, painting & architecture).
2. Write more. I don’t mean just blog more (although I plan on doing that), but write more of my life down, more of my philosophies and thoughts (especially about things I am reading).
3. Create more. For my shop, my home and for the people I love. It’s nice to see something you made, and it’s really nice to share something that came out of your brain with someone else.
4. Count my blessings. It’s so easy to lose sight of how amazing daily life is; how trees keep our air clean and spiders eat mosquitoes, and how bread smells delicious and how amazing it is that we can smell. Existing is really fantastic.
5. Eat wisely. Who doesn’t want to increase their chances of living to be 102 years old?
6. Have more creative date nights. Typical dinner and movie nights are lovely, but I want to put more effort into having different date nights like fancy cheese nights and silly photo nights.
7. Be more appreciative.
8. Take more photos. About a year ago someone did something to me that really took away my confidence as a photographer, and this year I hope to put that behind me and get my confidence back.
So this is what I hope to improve on and work towards this year.
I hope ya’ll had a great holiday season and a really magical new year.
Hello Darlings! Due to the week long power outage I got behind on my posts and I have run out of time to put posts together to appear over the holiday. I am so sorry. I am heading out soon to return to my native province for this festive season, so this will be my last post of the year. But have no fear, next year I will be back better than ever! More DIYs, awesome winter outfits, the guide to hats will continue and much much more.
I want to thank you all for your endless support. I want to thank you for all your lovely emails, messages and notes. You mean the world to me.
Happy Holidays Everyone and I hope you all have a fabulous New Years in the perfect frock <3