Guest Post by still being [Molly]
Today’s Guest Post is by Molly of still being [molly]! This lil girl is fabulous! I love her style and well her…swagger. She’s just so fun and cool! I am thrilled she’s here today to give us her festival style tips!
You guys! I am SO SO SO excited to be guest posting on Roxie’s awesome blog today!I have been reading her blog for a while, so I hope that I can do her freaking sweet blog some justice. :) The theme for today’s post is “What’s your music festival style?” Well, I LOVE going to concerts. Music festivals and outdoor concerts are one of my FAVORITE things about summer, so I was so pumped to put together a look for this theme.
- DON’T Wear heels / wedges. I don’t care who you are. Heels or wedges are ADORABLE, yes, but NOT practical for wearing to an outdoor concert. ESPECIALLY if you’re on the lawn. I can’t tell you how many poor, poor girls I saw sinking into the wet grass at the show.
- DON’T Wear JEANS. I love jeans. LOVE them. But if it’s a summer concert and you’re outside, you’re going to be MISERABLE in jeans. Wear a long dress or a long skirt or shorts, cause jeans are going to make you sweat.
- DON’T Wear something that’s gonna show those sweat stains / sweat marks. You guys, everyone sweats. It’s natural. If someone tells you they don’t sweat, then you should tell them to see a doctor. Be mindful when going to an outdoor concert – you’re PROBABLY going to sweat. A lot. Especially if you’re like me and you love to dance! Wear a color that is conducive to HIDING sweat, not broadcasting the sweat to the world.
DOs of Outdoor Concert / Music Festival Fashion:
- DO wear your hair UP and off your neck if you can help it. This is the time to try that cute ponytail or messy bun. Wearing your hair down is NO fun if you’re sweating and moving around a bunch.
- DO wear flat sandals, flip flops, or COWBOY BOOTS :) (if you’re like me) – flat soles on your shoes are your BFF at shows (especially if you’re on the lawn)
- DO wear something you can move in – like a light dress, skirt, or flowy top. Your body with thank you.
- DO wear a light colored t-shirt - no sweat stains, it’s lightweight, and comfortable!
I snagged this top from Kohl’s a couple months ago for only $9 and it’s perfect for an outdoor concert cause it’s SUPER lightweight. And I love the open or “cold” shoulders. :) Also, my rainbow flip flops are kind of my favorite things in the world. For real. These babies are like 10+ years old and I still love them.
To trend-ify your outfit, throw on a statement necklace or arm party… don’t do BOTH cause you don’t want to overwhelm the outfit. :)
I wanna thank Roxie for letting me guest post here today! She is AWESOME. I blog over at still being [molly] - so come stop by and say hi! :)
xoxo, all for now :)